Serb inhabitants were exiled from Srebrenica on May 8, 1992, and many of them were killed. Two days earlier 72 Serb villages in Srebrenica neighborhood were burned down and all their Serb inhabitants killed. Trough the burned Serb villages Muslim troops have reached Drina river on October 5, 1992 with aim to cut the main communications with Serbia. On January 16, 1993 the Muslim offensive has started under the command of Naser Oric against the still remained Serb villages: Skelane, Cosici and Kruscic.

During the period when Muslim forces under Naser Oric controlled Srebrenica they killed some 3,200 Serbian civilians in the area. Naser Oric went public at that time, proudly displaying a video of Serbian civilians his troops had mutilated. There were burning houses, dead bodies, severed heads, and people fleeing. Oric grinned throughout admiring his handiwork. 'We ambushed them,' he said when a number of dead Serbs appeared on the screen. The next sequence of dead bodies had been done in by explosives: 'We launched those guys to the moon,' he boasted. [According to theTribunal, forensic scientists have discovered 1,668 bodies 'in and around the Srebrenica area' so far]

Remaining population of Srebrenica villages were mainly elderly Serbs, many in their 80s, who refused to leave their homes. Even these poor souls were not spared, but were slaughtered by having their throats slit.

1993, Bosnia - This photograph was seized from Saudi Arabian fighters captured in Crni Vrh near Teslic, Bosnia. A Muslim solder displays the severed head of Blagoje Blagojevic, a Serb from the village of Jasenovo near Teslic.

The three Dutch military historians and Ambassador Bissett recalled that Serbian General Ratko Mladic has protested the misuse of the so-called "safe haven" of Srebrenica by Oric and warned that continued attacks on surrounding villages would bring a response from the Serbian forces. Forewarned, Oric had pulled his armed troops, including Mujahedin soldiers who had been imported from many of the Islamic countries, out of Srebrenica three days before the final push began.[Epilogue]